Friday, September 29, 2006

Things That Make You Go Brrrrr


The person next to me just tried to write with a blunt pencil. I'm not talking about a pencil that isn't sharp, I'm talking about one that which is severely, totally and in all other ways lacking a lead and cannot and should not be used as a writing utensil. To some, this is no big deal - go and sharpen that sucker and get on with it, but it gives me goosebumps (or chicken skin, as they say in Honkers) like you wouldn't believe. Through clenched teeth, I spit out the words, "Stop, please", slowly and inaudibly at first and as my panic becomes greater it gets louder and more desperate, "Stop, stop, stop!" My face becomes screwed up and contorted like I'm sucking on a lemon and it takes me several moments of wriggling and lip smacking to fully recover. Brrr.... shake it out, Nicky boy.

Fingernails down a blackboard don't bother me, but a couple of other things do. Other goosebump inducers include a blunt cricket bat being dragged across a fluffy carpet (same, but different) and tin foil coming into contact with my mouth.

I can't think of any more at the moment, but I'd like to know... what bumps your goose?


By the way...

Click here to see who was responsible for this morning's goosebumps.

If you like today's image, click here to see more from the same photographer.

8 comments:

Optimistic Cynic said...

I'm enjoying your blog very much. In fact I'm ROFL at the public library in Tarpon Springs, Florida. There's not many people here today, or I guess they'd throw me out. I think you are more funny than any comedians I've seen on HBO!
Thanks,
optimistic cynic

Anonymous said...

Hello Honky Nick,

Nice to see your block. It's a great honeur for me that you use one of my photo's.

Regards,

Piet_db

Anonymous said...

I can't stand the sound of paper ripping, it makes me want to scream. Michael can't stand the sound of people holding balloons, he is a weird boy.

Nick said...

I can understand the balloon one (that rubby rubby sound is a little weird) but I love the sound of paper ripping! Funny how everyone reacts differently.

lalligirl said...

my brother whistling his s's...it pierces my eardrums and absolutely bumps my goose! Especially since he's got my boyfriend on board the s whistling train. ugh!

Nick said...

Well, yesssss, Alissssson. It'ssssss sssssimply dissssasssstrousssss when Nicholassssss whisssssstles hissss ssssessssss.

Terry's worssssssse.

Anonymous said...

I just googled to find out who else hates the sound of paper ripping. This includes cardboard and other paper articles. It drives me up the wall. I also having to dry them with a paper towel...just the feel of it gives me goosebumps and leaves me feeling slightly annoyed.

Anonymous said...

....them* being my hands that is.


« Asia Expats Ring » ? |