Friday, September 22, 2006

Baby Basher


There isn't a nice way to say this: I gave the cutest baby in Hong Kong a fat lip (pictured).

Click here to see how cute she used to be.

Perhaps I'm being a little hard on myself. I didn't actually give her a fat lip, but I was responsible for it.

You see, Daisy and I were sitting on the couch. I was enjoying my Pringles and she was enjoying trying to steal the Pringles. It's a little game we play. In my relaxed state I failed to take into account that among her recently acquired skills is the "sudden lunge", which is assisted by her stronger than expected baby legs. Put that lethal combination next to a dimwitted, Pringle-munching moron with the reflexes of a dead snail, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

See Daisy. See Daisy lunge. See Daisy topple. See Daisy cry. See Daisy bleed. See Daisy cry some more.

Look up sheepish in the dictionary. See Nick.

Needless to say, this was not my finest moment. Have you ever had a 'drop the baby' moment? Care to share it with us? Another one of mine that comes to mind is when I went skiing with the Mannfolks and I knocked everyone's skis over, Dumb and Dumber style. Whoops.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

mate i like it....will read more tomorrow. Daisy's fat lip is a cracker!! Can't wait to see your classic catches

Nick said...

Yes, Matty. I'm gonna use some creative license to turn regulation catches into Jonty Rhodes-esque classics. Marvellous.


« Asia Expats Ring » ? |