Friday, January 05, 2007

My Christmas Holiday


I went to the UK
And had a great time
It's a place of great beauty
And history and crime

Azza got married
Leah did too
I was the best man
Mr. Sheen shined my shoe

'Coz I couldn't find polish
I couldn't find gel
I couldn't use cufflinks
But the day still went well

Pontypridd was the place
Where those two tied the knot
That's over in Wales
Where the weather is hot*

I stayed with my parents
Off the Bakerloo line
We ate Christmas breakfast
And drank all Dad's wine

I met up with Cat
Where my brother once stayed
In old Shepherd's Bush -
The expat enclave

Geoff D came over
From France, if you please
He has grown more accustomed
To fine wine and cheese

A week was too short
Now I'm back in Honkers
I can't sleep at night
My body clock's bonkers

But I've heaps more time off
Pretty soon, never fear
God bless the invention
Of Chinese New Year



*not

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment,
On something off-topic,
But to follow that without rhyming,
Would be somewhat myopic,

So here is my comment;
If you could be so kind,
As to answer my question,
As it's been on my mind.

Were you aware that Nicky Hilton,
Wants to start a hotel,
And call it 'Nicky O';
A name that's served you so well?

I am wondering your thoughts,
On this proposed use of your name.
Were you planning on sueing?
Surely, someone's to blame?

Well done on your poetry,
It's quite an endeavour.
I'd like to contribute,
But I'm just not that clever.

Nick said...

Doc, your reply
Was ever such fun
Eric Bana would say
"It was second to none"

Thanks for the info
About 'Nicky O'
Do you think I approve?
The answer is 'no'

People will flock
From hundreds of miles
When they get to the door
They will get a surprise

"Where's the real Nicky O?"
The mob will inquire
"And who is this tart
Who is hard to admire?"

But I don't think I'll sue
Because I'm not that low
We're both well aware
I'm the real Nicky O

Anonymous said...

this is so far the most amusing christmas post I've read; especially the final Chinese New Year part... haha... well done!

would love to contribute to this string of poems... but I can't think that way...

Anonymous said...

You are all amazing
with your poems so fluent,
who knew you had
such a hidden talent!

Happy New Year Nick O,
don't miss us too much, and keep up the blog
- Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Roses are red
violets are blue
you are

Anonymous said...

roses are red
violets are blue
most poems rhyme
but this one doesn't

Cat said...

I love it AND I featured!!

Anonymous said...

Nice ryme dude


« Asia Expats Ring » ? |